Saturday, September 13, 2008

I got one right

While the vast majority of my predictions have gone to hell, I got some stuff right like as of right now the entire NL Central. But the one I am most proud of is my sleeper pick of Tampa Bay. Here's what I wrote back in March:

Tampa Bay
Sooner or later all those #1 picks are going to pan out and I think it's this year. Pena, Crawford, Upton, and Longoria will be an amazing lineup and if they can get Balldelli to stay in one piece, it's even better. The pitching is turning around too with Kazmir, Shields, and Garza with even more waiting in the minors. It's probably a stretch for this team to contend this year, but Boston and New York better watch out in '09 and '10.

They surprised even me with how good they played this year, and Boston and New York could be in for a very long next 5 years in the murderous AL East. Man, it really sucks to be the Orioles.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home